Shell DAO NFT concepts

One thing I have been wondering about for a good while is how NFTs might have a role to play in Shell Protocol. Our goal is to create the internet monetary system, and to be money. Money has a feel, it has an aesthetic. With our protocol, we aim to create something that can transcend the limitations of the monetary system as we currently know it. Therefore we must create an aesthetic that can shine a new light on this concept of a monetary system. That’s why we are called the Shell Protocol - the oldest form of money is now the newest.

An idea I’ve liked recently is that the Shell DAO, amongst its varied other duties, might manage a single NFT that captures what Shell Protocol offers to the people. That NFT would be something like a bill face, or a treasury bill. But imbued with the aesthetic of Shell Protocol. Then, our NFT could be used the way various NFTs might be used in the future - positioned in this or that gallery/installation, knowing it as the official thing itself.

Here are some inspirations from the past:

1 Like

Love the idea, but would it be a single NFT fractionalized and owned by the community? Or could it be a time-stamped OG LP type of NFT/POAP badge that would provide perks like access to a private channel, staking privileges, etc? Just a thought, but it is something I have noticed in a few projects, and it really boosts the sense of belonging to a community beyond any retroactive token distribution (which is ofcourse nice and warranted).

1 Like

Yeah, those are great suggestions. We have also considered these things at various times… I really like the thoughts. Personally, I’m going to keep them in the back of my mind with the hopes that something really compelling can form from them.

I changed the title of this topic to broadly consider any NFT concepts that could help fuel the brand identity.

1 Like

Look into DAOfi they are doing some very cool stuff with customizable curves/markets.

1 Like